Sheridan County Nebraska
This is NOT an official Sheridan County Site and NOT supported by public funds. Click here for the official Sheridan County Site.
                                                [Skip Navigation Links]      Home      Public Notices      Meeting Minutes      County Contact Information      FAQ's      General Interest Links      

Clerk of the District Court

Carol Stouffer
Clerk of District Court
PO Box 581
Rushville, NE 69360
308 327-5654
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday and 8:00 - 1:00 on Friday. Closed on Federal and State Holidays.
The Clerk of the District Court's Office is located on the top floor of the Courthouse at the top of the main stairway.
The Clerk of the District Court is elected to a four year term by the voters of Sheridan County and may run for additional terms. As an elected official the County Clerk answers directly to the citizens of the county.
Duties include filing of new cases and receiving, filing and maintaining all pleadings in District Court matters. There are two categories of cases, civil and criminal. Civil matters include domestic issues such as dissolutions, divorces, child support, paternity, custody; protection orders, litigation for negligence, property disputes, contract disputes, name change, foreclosures transcribed judgments from other courts; appeals from County Court, Small Claims Court and various Administrative Agencies.
The Clerk of the District Court also serves as Jury Commissioner in Sheridan County. A list of eligible citizens is obtained from driver's license and voter registration records. Separate groups are summoned for District Court and for County Court.
Check in this office for naturalization/citizenship records for family genealogy.
The Clerk of the District Court is a passport application agent for the U.S. Department of State. The agent executes the paperwork and sends it to the proper passport agency. Appointments are not required but a phone call is suggested if it will be over the lunch hour. Required information:
Application form DS-11 available in the office or on line at
Certified state issued birth certificate (or naturalization papers)
One passport photo (photography services not available in the office).
Drivers license or picture ID.
Payment may be made by personal check or money order or cash.
Child Support or Spousal Support
Payment information is available by calling 1-877-631-9973. Follow the prompts and have the case number available. Child Support, Spousal Support, in cases with minor children, and Medical Support are to be paid to the Nebraska Child Support payment Center, P.O. Box 82600, Lincoln, NE 68501 -2600 as per the Court Order. Visit the Nebraska Child Support Payment Center website for more information.
Related Links
Payments can be made online for some minor traffic offences, garnishments, civil or small claims cases, juvenile cases, and criminal or traffic cases at Nebraska Judicial Branch Internet Payment System

            Developed by Jack Andersen Free for public use 2014 - 2024