Sheridan County Nebraska
This is NOT an official Sheridan County Site and NOT supported by public funds. Click here for the official Sheridan County Site.
                                                [Skip Navigation Links]      Home      Public Notices      Meeting Minutes      County Contact Information      FAQ's      General Interest Links      

Sheridan County Clerk

Sindy L. Coburn
County Clerk
Court House
PO Box 39
Rushville, NE 69360
308 327-5650
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday and 8:00 - 1:00 on Friday. Closed on Federal and State Holidays.
The Sheridan County Clerk's Office is located on the main floor of the Courthouse at the east end of the hall. Our County Clerk wears many hats. In addition to duties of the County Clerk, duties of Register of Deeds, and Election Commissioner are pieces of the job description. The office contains the record of all real estate transactions and maintains the agendas for County Commissioner and Board of Equalization meetings. Minutes of County Board and Board of Equalization and many other records are stored in the office vault.
The County Clerk is elected to a four year term by the voters of Sheridan County and may run for additional terms. As an elected official the County Clerk answers directly to the citizens of the county.
As the Register of Deeds, the office is responsible for maintaining and securing land records of the county. It is the duty of Register of Deeds to record filings such as deeds, mortgages, assignments, releases, construction liens, tax liens, and plats. All documents recorded in the Register of Deeds office are public record. Copies of recorded documents are available to view or purchase. Primary users of this office include realtors, title and abstract companies, banks, law firms, appraisers, and genealogists.
Duties of the County Clerk/Election Commissioner include:
Recording of documents
Secretary to the County Board
Computation of payroll & payment of all County claims
Registration of voters
Registration of candidates for County and City offices, and local elections
Filings of local election issues
Registration of deeds
Issuance of marriage licenses
Filing valuation protest forms
Filing of Accountability and Disclosure Forms for local elections
Coordinating with the Nebraska Secretary of State
Overseeing and conducting elections
Related Links
A copy of a Nebraska Early Voting Ballot Application is available at the Secretary of States website. A PDF copy can be downloaded at
Forms for filing property valuation protests, Form 422, and other assessment related forms are available at the Nebraska Department of Revenue website. If you feel there has been an error in your assessment, please visit with the Assessor. Remember, it is the property owners responsibility to report changes in usage or removal, remodeling, or additions of structures.
Copies of Nebraska Birth, Death, Marriage, and Divorce Certificates can be obtained by contacting the DHHS Office of Vital Records in Lincoln.
Candidates for state and local offices, political action committees or PACs, political parties, and ballot question committees must file financial statements with the Accoutability and Disclosure Commission and with the office taking their filing. Current office holders must file updated reports annually.

            Developed by Jack Andersen Free for public use 2014 - 2024